This palace was the property of Hungarian dukes Esterhazy. It appeared at the end of the XIX century on the shore of the Danube river. This pale yellow building was an example of an Italian Renaissance. The palace was designed by J Feigler Jr. In 1920 it was partially reconstructed without touching historical stairs, arch windows of the first level, triangle frontons and French balconies.
Since 1950 the palace is occupied by the Slovakian National Gallery, a café Berlinka and Ex Libris book shop. The collection of the museum includes around 55 thousand items such as images, pictures, graphics, sculptures, photos, and others. There are works of local artists and masters of world art including Andy Warhol and Pablo Picasso.